Tanenbaum: Religious Diversity Manager/Supervisor Training
From Tiffany Flippen
This is a recording of a session designed specifically for managers and team leaders and focuses on better practices for responding to challenging accommodation requests, respectful communication and fostering an inclusive work environment for employees of all faiths and none.
Specific topics include, but are not limited to:
· The Business Case: An overview of the concrete ways in which proactively addressing religious diversity can improve productivity, performance and retention.
· The Legal Landscape: An overview of federal legal protections for religious identity and expression at work, and legal mandates related to providing reasonable accommodations for employees.
· Tanenbaum’s 10 Bias Danger Signs: Tanenbaum’s ten danger signs of obvious and subtle forms of religious bias that frequently show up at work.
· Finding Creative Solutions: Case scenarios of situations provide a real-life opportunity to understand how issues of religion emerge in the workplace, including issues related to the current political climate. During this portion, participants will be introduced to the Accommodation Mindset, a Tanenbaum tool developed to support employees in proactively and effectively accommodating religion at work.
· Better Practices and Implementation Tips: Strategies for proactively addressing religious diversity, accommodating a diverse workforce, and contributing to a culture of religion-cultural respect.
This class is designed and facilitated by Tanenbaum, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote justice and build respect for religious difference by transforming individuals and institutions to reduce prejudice, hatred and violence.